Shake 108 FM Launches New Weekly Shows and Key Partnerships
Miami’s Homegrown Radio Station Adds Focus on Local Music Scene plus local Industry Veterans to the Mix
Miami, FL – February 10, 2016 – Shake 108 FM, the Miami underground & homegrown non-profit radio station, enters its second year with a big-bang line up of new weekly shows and key partnerships with some of the industry’s most revered professionals.
Founded on the vision of providing music oprn format variety music through an independently owned and operated radio station, Shake 108 FM is giving Miami’s talented musicians such as Suenalo, Afrobeta & Nil Lara; music & nightlife movers & shakers such as DJ George Acosta and Bill Kelly; and local non-profit organizations, a committed platform to promote the local music scene. The new shows, starting on February 14th, 2016, include:
· Local Love Hour – Starting Valentine’s day on Sundays & Wednesdays from 8-9 PM Miami’s own singer/songwriter/DJ, Aimee Beah Moore, will host the locals show playing only music from Miami artists. Suenalo, Afrobeta, Nil Lara, Spam All-stars, Xperimento and many others.
· Bill Kelly’s Open House – Local legend & founder of Winter Music Conference, Bill Kelly is managing his house music show every Monday night from 10-midnight.
· Friday Night PlayHouse – World renowned local DJ George Acosta will be managing house music every Friday night live at “The Bunker 1826” on Collins Avenue in South Beach.
· DJ of the Week – Shake 108 will be featuring one DJ a week every Thursday night to promote the many outstanding DJs spinning at clubs throughout Miami.
· Kulchu Shok Reggae Show – Lance O, founder of Kulchu Shok Music, will be managing reggae music every Saturday morning from 7-9 am
In addition, Shake 108 FM’s founder Peter Stebbins, has brought in Miami’s longtime South Beach promoter Bobby Brandt to help manage the station.
“I feel that the only thing Shake 108 was missing was a strong track-record in the biz,” explains Stebbins. “You can accomplish that over time or by bringing in teammates already with that track record. Bobby is the ultimate Miami music, nightlife expert with unmatched experience. I am really excited he is willing to take a shot at us.”
“Shake 108 is a fantastic platform to deliver what people want to hear, what Miami wants to hear,” adds Brandt. “Peter came to me with such an amazing opportunity: to showcase, in a mass medium, Miami’s incredible talent. I couldn’t say no.”
In addition to local music… Non-profits in Miami have a place to promote their events on the radio with free commercials. This sophomore year Shake 108 will have a team reach out to many Miami non-profits to help them spread the word about community activities. Shake 108 is the voice of Miami’s non-for-profits.