AfriKin Art Fair
Sunday, 12/03/2023-12/10/2023, 06:00 pm-09:00 pm
Maison AfriKin at Scott Galvin Community Center
1600 NE 126th Street,
Miami, Florida, 33181
AfriKin Art Fair – December 3 – 10, 2023
December 3 (VIP) Opening from 6 PM – 9 PM
December 4 – 10 Exhibition Open Hours from 11 AM – 7 PM
Location: Maison AfriKin at Scott Galvin Community Center,
1600 NE 126th Street,
North Miami, FL 33181
Special Programming at AfriKin Art Fair 2023:
1. An Evening of Purpose (VIP Opening) Date: December 3, 2023. Time: 6:00 PM – 9:00 PM, Location: Maison AfriKin inside the Scott Galvin Community Center, Dress Code: All white with a splash of African Chic. This all-white affair celebrates Black art, culture and spirituality, with proceeds from artwork sales funding scholarships for students pursuing careers in the arts. Keynote by Chief Dr. Nike Davies-Okundaye from Nigeria, affectionately known as Mama Nike, is a Batik and Adire artist who is heralded as one of the most renowned pillars of African arts and culture.
2. AfriKin Talks: The Erasure of Black Knowledge (Artist Talk) Date: December 7, 2023. Time: 12 Noon – 2:00 PM. Panel discussion examining the implications of the recent banning of Black books in Florida and strategies for preserving Black knowledge. Please check out the banned books section at the fair.
3. AfriKin Artist’s Talk: Navigating the Tension: Art, Expression, and the Weight of Cancel Culture. Date: December 8, 2023, Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Discussion exploring the complexities of being an artist in today’s social climate and strategies employed by artists to safeguard their creative freedom. Panel will feature the following exhibiting artists: Delaney George, Nzingah Oyo, and Franklyn Sinanan.
4. AfriKin Talk: Rooted Futurism — Unearthing the Symbiosis between Traditional African Art, AI and the Human Essence by French Senegalese artist Delphine Diallo. Date: December 9, 2023. Time: 7:00 PM – 9:00 PM. Talk that embarks us on a transformative journey bridging the rich tapestry of Traditional African Art with the cutting-edge world of Artificial Intelligence (AI). Diallo combines artistry with activism, pushing the many possibilities of empowering women, youth, and cultural minorities through visual provocation.
5. AfriKin Fashion: Echoes of the Ancestors, Visions of the Digital Horizon. Date: December 10, 2023. Time: 7:00 PM. Fashion runway event to juxtapose traditional African art with the avant-garde flair of artificial intelligence. Featuring designers from Nigeria, Senegal and the United States.
AfriKin #ArtFair #MiamiArtWeek #GlobalAfrica #Culture #Arts #ArtBasel #AfriKinArtFair #ArtBaselMiamiBeach #AfricanArt #ContemporaryArt