Wynwood lounge-art gallery hosts month-long initiative in support of charitable organizations
Cafeina and the Wynwood Exhibition Center at Cafeina, a lounge and art gallery space, will host a month-long initiative to help increase Breast Cancer Awareness and raise funds for the medical institutions researching to battle it. Cafeina and WEC call on Miamiâ€™s residents to help reach its fundraising goal of $10,000 in support of Susan G. Komen for the CureÂ® Miami / Ft. Lauderdale, along with TEAM CAFEINA in Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
Cafeina and WEC Breast Cancer Awareness Month Event Lineup:
– 10/1/10 to 10/31/10 â€“ CAFEINA SPECIALTY COCKTAIL: Cafeina mixologists have teamed up to create the Pink Blossom ($10) martini, a mixture of vodka, hibiscus botanical syrup, topped with rose champagne and a dash of lemon bitters. A portion of proceeds from its sale will benefit TEAM CAFEINA in Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure.
– 10/1/10 at 9 PM – BCA MONTH SILENT ART AUCTION: Featuring artwork by local and national artists including: Stephen Gamson, Miguel Paredes, Carlos Alves, J.C. Carroll, Laurence Gartel, Maria Lankina, Luis Pinol, Danny Catania, Donna Lee Steffens, Vivien Romoff, Patricia Gutierrez, Alicia Torres, Elaine Evans, Tatiana Blanco, James Sasso, Luis Valle, Pablo Ricatti, Lexi Lehrman, David Banegas, Gerry Stecca, Ron Ryllien and Esther Cruz. 100% of proceeds from the auction will go to benefit Susan G. Komen for the CureÂ® Miami / Ft. Lauderdale. Stephen Gamson, WECâ€™s featured artist for the month of October, will also be unveiling the special one-of-a-kind piece he designed specifically in support of Cafeinaâ€™s breast cancer initiative.
– 10/9/10 at 9 PM â€“ WYNWOOD 2ND SATURDAY ART WALK: Artist Stephen Gamson unveils his Communication exhibition at WEC. Gamson will also donate ten percent of proceeds from the sale of his artwork to benefit Susan G. Komen For the CureÂ® Miami / Ft. Lauderdale.
– 10/16/10 at 8 AM – RACE FOR THE CURE AT BAYFRONT PARK: Run, walk or donate on behalf of TEAM CAFEINA in support of Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure. It’s easy to join at http://tinyurl.com/3ak6pc2
– 10/22/10 at 7 PM – STEPHEN GAMSON POSTER SIGNING: Meet the talented Stephen Gamson in WEC during a special signing of his Cafeina BCA Month Logo poster prints, showcasing the design specially created for the initiative. RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on how to support BCA Month at Cafeina please contact 305.438.0792 or visit www.komenmiaftl.org.
Cafeina is a multi-room, lounge and art gallery with a lush outdoor garden. It is located at 297 Northwest 23rd Street in the Wynwood Art District. The indoor/outdoor space is open Wednesday through Saturday 5:00 p.m. to 3:00 a.m. Valet parking is available. www.cafeinamiami.com