Hispanic Heritage Month Celebration at The LOOP
Friday, 09/29/2023-10/01/2023, 05:00 pm-04:00 pm
Las Olas Oceanside Park
3000 E. Las Olas Blvd.,
Fort Lauderdale, Florida, 33316
Celebrated in the United States annually from Sept. 15 – Oct. 15, National Hispanic Heritage Month pays tribute to the generations of Hispanic Americans who have positively influenced and enriched the nation and society. Recognizing the histories, cultures, and contributions of American citizens, whose ancestors came from Spain, Mexico, the Caribbean, and Central and South America, The LOOP’s month-long celebration will shine a spotlight on the people behind the small businesses who participate in its weekend markets. A special weekend of festivities will take place Sept. 29–Oct. 1.
Building off The LOOP’s four pillars of engagement, “F.A.M.E.,” and its mission to provide “Infinite Experience for Everyone Under the Sun,” the free, family-friendly Hispanic Heritage Month celebration weekend will showcase Hispanic food, art, music, movies, and entertainment. Attendees of The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park will also be treated to cooking demonstrations, Flamenco dance lessons, and Loteria (Mexican Bingo) for prizes.
Each Sunday, from 12–3 p.m., Sept. 17–Oct. 15, The LOOP will feature live performances from various Hispanic musicians and bands. Attendees are invited to relax at one of the tables under the shaded canopies and umbrellas to enjoy the rotation of live music while they shop and stroll The MKT vendors. The MKT is open on Saturdays from 9 a.m.–4 p.m. and Sundays from 10 a.m.–4 p.m. For a preview of the makers and small business vendors who proudly share their passion and Hispanic pride at The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park, visit theloopflb.com/hispanic-heritage-month-2023/.
The full Hispanic Heritage Month lineup includes:
Performers and times are subject to change More @TheMKT Musical Performances – Sundays from 12 – 3 p.m.
* Sept. 17 – Flavio Sousa and Flamenco Dancer (Argentina, Flamenco Guitar)
* Sept. 24 – Greg Diamond (Latin-infused Contemporary Jazz)
* Oct. 8 – Sugar Music Trio (Venezuela, Pop)
* Oct. 15 – Mister Conjunto Band (Cuba, Salsa)
The G Classic 3v3 Basketball Tourney – Saturday, Sept. 16, 2–8 p.m.
* The inaugural 24 team charity basketball tournament, named after the late great Gyerard Reid, will take place at Las Olas Oceanside Park and will feature food, drinks, a live DJ and vendors. All proceeds will benefit the Reid family and a charity of their choice.
Friday, Sept. 29, 5–10 p.m.
* 5–10 p.m.: The MKT featuring Mexican Foods and Virgin Mocktails (available for purchase) and complimentary Make-Your-Own Maracas Craft Station
* 6:30–7:30 p.m.: Pre-Movie Performance: Mariachi Mexicano Mariachi Band
* 7:15–9 p.m.: Movies by Moonlight
* Featured Film: Coco, Rated PG
* Synopsis: Aspiring musician Miguel, confronted with his family’s ancestral ban on music, enters the Land of the Dead to find his great-great-grandfather, a legendary singer.
Saturday, Sept. 30, 9 a.m.–4 p.m.
* 9 a.m.–4 p.m.: The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park, authentic Hispanic Food, Art & Makers
* 9:30 – 11 a.m.: Flamenco dance performance and workshop with Luna Cale Company
* 11 a.m.–12:30 p.m.: Performance: SonQba Band (Cuba, Son, Salsa, Merengue, Bolero)
* 12:30–1:30 p.m.: Cooking demonstration with Saucy Lips co-founder, Natalia Dalton Salazar, in partnership with Royal Prestige Cookware
* 1:30–3 p.m.: Performance: Caseroloops (Venezuela, Caribbean Rock)
Sunday, Oct. 1, 10 a.m.– 4 p.m.
* 10 a.m.–4 p.m.: The MKT at Las Olas Oceanside Park, authentic Hispanic Food, Art & Makers
* Complimentary Make-Your-Own Maracas Craft Station (while supplies last)
* 10–11 a.m.: Complimentary Socaton Fitness Class
* 11 a.m.–12 p.m.: Cooking demonstration with Fusion Healthy315 chef-owner, Yeni Ramos, in partnership with Royal Prestige Cookware
* 12–3 p.m.: Performance: Sabor Latino Latin Jazz Band
Las Olas Oceanside Park: 3000 E. Las Olas Blvd., Fort Lauderdale, FL 33316
Cost: Free and open to the public.