RA Sushi (Laura Buccellati swears it’s some of the best sushi in Miami) is hosting the 6th annual Nicky’s week. Nicky weeks features special items on the menu with 100% of the proceeds supporting St. Jude. Good sushi all while supporting a great cause-perfect combination.
Gus, Kelly, Mallea and I are planning our monthly 1st Friday, June 4th at the South Miami Nicky’s location. Please join us for an evening of good food, laughs (Mallea is a closet Jay Leno J) and sake (Gus has me hooked on Sake now J). If you’re unable to join us on the 4th, please stop by RA before June 5th and lend your support. After watching the Nicholas Mailliard video (link below), I hope like me, you’re inspired to tell a friend and ask them to tell a friend to support Nicky Week.
What a great way to kick-off summer! S & S (sushi and sake) on a Friday night for a cause that could help to make a difference in the life of child.
Hope to see you all there.
Don’t miss the sixth annual Nicky’s Week at RA Sushi
Good food and good fun for a great cause. Dine with us between May 30 to June 5, and we’ll donate 100% of the proceeds from the sale of special Nicky’s Week menu items to St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
Visit one of these Florida RA Sushi locations:
Palm Beach Gardens / 11701 Lake Victoria Gardens Avenue, Ste. 4105, Palm Beach Gardens, FL 33410
Pembroke Pines / 201 SW 145th Terrace, Pembroke Pines, FL 33027
S. Miami / 5829 SW 73rd Street, Miami, FL 33143
RA Sushi in South Miami will host a line-up of events to promote the cause.Â All donations from the weeklong effort will help pay for St. Judeâ€™s development of treatment and cures for diseases such as brain tumors, leukemia, sickle cell disease, and other life-threatening illnesses in children.
- Sunday, May 30: Thereâ€™s no school or work on Monday, celebrate with the Nickyâ€™s Week edition of the â€œFlying Fish Loungeâ€ 8 p.m.-midnight. Itâ€™s the perfect time to catch some fresh fish and drink specials.
- Tuesday, June 1: Join us at our â€œBartender Bash Competitionâ€ from 7-9 p.m. and support your favorite local mixologists as they take a shot at creating delicious cocktails only using Nickyâ€™s Week featured items. The bartender who sells the most cocktails wins the contest and a great prize.
- Thursday, June 3: Do you have the golden ticket? All guests who order Nickyâ€™s Week featured menu items will have the opportunity to be one of the lucky few to discover a â€œRA Golden Ticketâ€ underneath their dish. Fabulous prizes will be given to each person who finds a â€œRA Golden Ticketâ€ during lunch and dinner. The more Nickyâ€™s Week items you order, the better your chances!
- Saturday, June 5: RA-lly up for St. Jude! Join us for the Nicky’s Week wrap-up party with ear candy by special guest DJ Johnny The Boy from 7-10 p.m. Partygoers will be able to participate in numerous raffles featuring RA treats and luxurious goodies donated by local Nickyâ€™s Week sponsors. Lastly, the restaurant welcomes everyone who â€œlikesâ€ RA Sushi in South Miamiâ€™s Facebook page to come join the party! The first 100 RA Facebook guests to RSVP on Facebook and check-in at the hostess stand will receive a Penny Drink Card or Free Appetizer Card to use during their next visit.
- All Week: The aforementioned events are fun ways to raise funds for St. Jude! However, all RA fans are encouraged to visit the restaurant throughout the week and enjoy RA-ckinâ€™ Happy Hour specials from 3-7 p.m.
All donations from the weeklong effort will help support St. Jude which has treated children from all 50 states and around the world. Known primarily as a cancer research center, St. Jude doctors and researchers also treat children with sickle cell disease and pediatric HIV.
Click here to view the “Life is a Gift: Nicky’s Week” video
In memory of Nicholas “Nicky” Mailliard and his courageous fight against cancer.
About Nicky’s Week:
Rich Howland, one of the founders of RA Sushi, created Nicky’s Week to promote the research and treatment being done at St. Jude. The event is named in memory of Howland’s nephew, Nicky Mailliard, who was treated at St. Jude for ependymoma, a brain tumor.
When doctors discovered the tumor in December 2001, Nicky’s parents turned to St. Jude for their son’s treatment. The hospital was able to eradicate the tumor, but only for a short time. By September 2004, the cancer had returned, and was even more aggressive. In February 2005, at age 13, Nicky lost his battle.
“St. Jude played a critical role during Nicky’s illness by providing state-of-the-art care and by providing important information to our family. I want to help ensure that the programs at St. Jude remain available to any family that is forced to deal with the extreme heartache associated with the serious illness of a child,” Howland said.
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is the premier pediatric cancer research center. Its mission is to find cures for children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases through research and treatment.
Since opening in 1962, St. Jude has treated children from all 50 states and around the world.
St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatments that are not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay.
During the past three years, 85.3 percent of every dollar received by St. Jude has gone to the current and future needs of the hospital.
Working together, our physicians and scientists have pioneered treatments that have helped push the overall survival rates for childhood cancers from less than 20 percent in 1962 to more than 70 percent today.
The survival rate for the most common form of childhood cancer, acute lymphoblastic leukemia, has risen from just 4 percent in 1962 to 94 percent today.
For more information about RA Sushi, please visit www.RAsushi.com
or contact your local St. Jude Representative, Lauren Asher at firstname.lastname@example.org
501 St. Jude Place, Memphis, TN 38105 1-800-822-6344, 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. CST
St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital is internationally recognized for its pioneering work in finding cures and saving children with cancer and other catastrophic diseases. St. Jude is the first and only pediatric cancer center to be designated as a Comprehensive Cancer Center by the National Cancer Institute. Founded by late entertainer Danny Thomasand based in Memphis, Tenn., St. Jude freely shares its discoveries with scientific and medical communities around the world. St. Jude is the only pediatric cancer research center where families never pay for treatment not covered by insurance. No child is ever denied treatment because of the family’s inability to pay. St. Jude is financially supported by ALSAC, its fundraising organization. For more information, please visit www.stjude.org.Thank you for using Soul Of Miami!