FLITE Center’s 6th Annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon
Friday, 10/27/2023-, 11:00 am-02:00 pm
6900 State Road 84,
Davie, Florida, 33317
Cost: $75 for government employees; $100 general public
FLITE Center, a nonprofit organization dedicated to guiding vulnerable youth and those transitioning out of foster care towards independence through housing, education, employment, and comprehensive care coordination, will host its sixth annual Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon on Friday, October 27, from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event, hosted by WPLG Local 10’s Eric Yutzy, will take place at Signature Grand (6900 State Road 84 in Davie).
FLITE Center’s Signature Grand Heroes Luncheon is a tribute to the organization’s partners, funders, and frontline staff who support and dedicate their lives to impacting youth in South Florida’s Transitional Independent Living (TIL) System of Care. Over the years, the event has gathered over 500 guests, and this year’s luncheon is anticipated to draw an even larger audience, reflecting the growing impact of FLITE Center’s mission.
This year’s honorees and their respective award categories are:
• Albert & Beatriz Miniaci Lifetime Heroes Award – Sandy Harris (Board Member Emeritus) and Tom Loffredo
• Community Champion Award – Michael Goodman, GPR | Goodman Public Relations
• FLITE Mitzvah Award (in honor of FLITE Center’s 13th Anniversary) – ROIG Attorneys, Eva Schlanger and Sadie Suarez Bat Mitzvah Projects, Leadership Broward Foundation Class 41 – Team Birds of a Feather, Cypress Bay National Honor Society, Greater Fort Lauderdale Rotary Club, Kiwanis Club of Greater Fort Lauderdale
• Gore Foundation You Matter Award – Stichiz from WMIB 103.5 The Beat and Doug Miller, FK Your Diet
• Memorial Healthcare System Collaborators of the Year – Career Development Pathways: Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino; United Healthcare/Optum, and CareerSource Broward
• TIL System of Care Hero Award – Terry Merlin, TLM Real Estate Holdings and Susan Renneisen, Seminole Hard Rock Hotel & Casino Hollywood
• TIL System of Care Impact Award – HOPE Court
• TIL System of Care Unsung Heroes – Frontline staff from collaborating organizations in the TIL System of Care
• UKG Ultimate Acts of Kindness – Kim Sarni, South Florida Business & Wealth/Lifestyle Media Group and Scott Dunseath, Wonderland Boutique
• Youth Heroes Award – Two TIL youth who have displayed remarkable resilience and dedication toward becoming self-sufficient
Tickets are $100 per person ($75 for government agency employees) and are available for purchase online at https://flitecenter.org/heroes2023.
For more information or to secure a sponsorship, please contact DeAnn Hazey, CFRE,
Chief Development Officer at (954) 530-4686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.