GOING GREEN – EQUINOX STYLE!
Equinox Fitness Club Plants a Tree for Every New Member in Celebration of Earth Day
Join South Florida’s Equinox Fitness Clubs – Aventura, Coral Gables and South Beach – for an exclusive event celebrating Earth Day on Tuesday, April 20, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m. Members, along with a guest, are invited to partake in complimentary fitness sessions while obtaining tips on how to live green.
Nationwide, Equinox is taking an extra step in initiating conservation by planting a tree for every new member who signs-up that day. Guests can indulge in complimentary organic cocktails, tea and snacks compliments of Honest Tea and Veev Organic Vodka. Additionally, participants are treated to 10% off of Equinox Orange Label organic products available at The Shop at Equinox.
Equinox Fitness Club has taken a corporate-wide stance to enhance its member’s experiences and to help protect and preserve the environment. The company plans to build new clubs incorporating many of the eco-friendly features of its first “green” club Equinox W. 17th Street, New York City – and to retro-fit existing clubs with as many as possible. These include, but are not limited to:
· “Green” cleaning solutions that are environmentally benign and virtually fume-free. Many of Equinox’s existing gyms have already been cleaning with them
· Select building materials, such as adhesives, sealants, and paint will have minimal or zero VOC content
· State of the art air filtration systems that will extra-thoroughly “clean” outdoor air before pulling it inside the club
· No-brainer recycling opportunities by providing numerous and conveniently placed storage and collection areas for recyclable items
· More efficient H²0 flow with locker rooms being outfitted with special showerheads that are designed to create the experience of a 3 to 4 gallon per minute shower but actually only use 1.6 gallons per minute
· Power savers include special dimming technologies will lower electric lighting levels when there is a lot of natural day light and raise them when there isn’t
· All clubs lighting (except for emergency and night lighting) will be time-clock controlled to turn it off when the club is closed
Work in unison for the betterment of your life – and our planet!
WHEN: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 from 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
WHERE: Equinox South Beach, Equinox Coral Gables, Equinox Aventura
About Equinox: Equinox Fitness Clubs operates 50 upscale, full-service facilities in New York, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Miami, Boston, Dallas, and D.C. The company offers an integrated selection of Equinox-branded programs, services and products, including strength and cardio training, group fitness classes, personal training, spa services and products, apparel and food/juice bars. Since its inception in 1991, Equinox has developed a lifestyle brand that represents service, value, quality, expertise, innovation, attention to detail, market leadership and results.Be sure to tell them Soul Of Miami sent you!
Click here to sign up for the Soul Of Miami email list.