CARNIVAL ON THE PLAZA
a FREE outdoor Caribbean festival in celebration of the U.S. premiere of the hit reggae musical The Harder They Come
Saturday, August 29, 2009 @ 11:30 am
The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County in conjunction with the Miamiâ€“Broward One Carnival Host Committee are proud to bring to you, Carnival on the Plaza, a FREE outdoor Caribbean fesival in celebration of the U.S. premiere of the hit reggae musical The Harder They Come at the Adrienne Arsht Center. The event begins with a press conference at 11:00 am announcing the much-anticipated schedule for Miami Carnival’s 25th Anniversary Celebration which will be held on Sunday, October 11th at Bicentennial Park, Downtown, Miami.
This two-hour outdoor festival features a full lineup of performances:
– Live Music and DJ
– Junkanoo Parade
– Kids activities like face painting and carnival mask making
– Junior Carnival Fashion Show
– Caribbean Village Vendor Booths
– Delicious Caribbean snacks by Barton G
– Hosted by WZAB Radio host Mike Andrews
– And a special appearance by the cast of The Harder They Come, the musical based on the film that made reggae music and Jimmy Cliff an international sensation
SPECIAL OFFER FOR ATTENDEES!
From 11:30 a.m. â€“ 1:30 p.m. ONLY at the Adrienne Arsht Center box office, guests at Carnival on the Plaza will have the exclusive opportunity to buy 2-for-1 tickets* for all performances of
The Harder They Come.
For more information call our box office at 305.949.6722.
* Ticket fees apply. Not valid on previously purchased tickets. Discount available on performances through September 5. LIMITED AVAILABILITY. Offer may expire without notice. Reserve your tickets today.
The Adrienne Arsht Center for the Performing Arts of Miami-Dade County
1300 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami, FL 33132