As millions of people around the world prepare to go dark this Saturday in recognition of Earth Hour, an international movement that draws attention to climate change, Miami’s landmark Bank of America Tower at International Place will turn off its iconic lights this Thursday (March 26) during a special Earth Hour kick-off celebration. Miami Mayor Manny Diaz will be in attendance to ‘flip the switch’ as hundreds gather to usher in Earth Hour 2009.
Miami Mayor Manny Diaz Will Kick-off earth hour 2009 at City’s Iconic Bank of America Tower at International place
Earth Hour Celebration Takes Place Thursday, March 26th
The Miami festivities associated with Earth Hour 2009, an international movement to promote energy conservation, will kick-off during a special event at Bank of America Tower at International Place, Miami’s landmark office tower.
* WHAT: The event kicks-off this year’s Earth Hour festivities, which will encourage action and educate the public about climate change.
* WHO: City of Miami Mayor Manny Diaz will join Miami’s business and civic leaders in turning off the lights at Miami’s iconic building, which has been illuminating the Magic City’s night sky for more than two decades.
* EVENT: Bank of America Tower at International Place will be illuminated in a flood of green light in honor of the Earth Hour movement. At 8:00 pm, Mayor Diaz will turn off the Tower’s lights as a symbol of Miami’s efforts to “go green.”
* WHEN: Thursday, March 26, 2009 from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m.
* WHERE: The Sky Lobby at Bank of America Tower at International Place, 100 SE 2nd Street, Miami, FL 33131
Earth Hour is World Wildlife Fund’s global initiative where individuals, businesses and governments turn off their lights for one hour to show support for action on climate change and global warming. In 2008, 50 million people switched off their lights to honor Earth Hour.
Bank of America Tower at International Place is a 600,000 square-foot, I.M. Pei-designed office tower in Downtown Miami. The tower has earned ‘icon’ status for its changing palette of exterior lighting schemes timed to coincide with holidays, sporting events and other significant occasions.Thank you for using Soul Of Miami!