The Children’s Trust Family Expo 2015
Saturday, 09/12/2015 – 10:00 am – 05:00 pm
Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition
10901 Southwest 24 Street,
Miami, Florida 33165
Join Thousands of Families on Saturday, September 12th at
The Children’s Trust FREE Family Expo
200 Exhibitors Showcasing Health and Social Services with Appearances by Popular Characters, Giveaways and Family-Friendly Activities for All
The Children’s Trust 2015 Family Expo, will host its ninth annual, FREE, all-day festival to provide parents with direct access to educational, health and social services in a fun and festive experience. As the largest free event of its kind in our community, the Expo boasts record crowds exceeding 20,000 and more than 200 participants. An assortment of exhibitors are located in two indoor exhibit halls showcasing information about education, after-school enrichment activities, low-cost health insurance, nutrition, safety, services for children with special needs, Pre-K registration and much more. As part of the fun, each hall will host two stages packed with entertainment and theatrical presentations of beloved children’s stories. Children can also enjoy rock climbing, elaborate bounce houses, face painting, balloon sculptures, stilt walkers, magicians and favorite storybook and television characters such as Nickelodeon’s Pablo and Uniqua, and Dr. Seuss’ Cat in the Hat, among many others. Free backpacks and composition notebooks will be distributed to the first 1,000 school-age children.
Additional Event Highlights:
● Back-to-School Boulevard – Presented by the Miami-Dade County Public Schools, more than 20 exhibit spaces pack the Boulevard featuring The Parent Academy, School Choice, Parent Portal and a host of other divisions.
● Sugar Shocker & Jump to Health – Presented by Baptist Health, this new area teaches kids how to make better food choices and stay active. Includes jump roping demonstrations and participation, as well as free jump ropes.
● Read to Learn Book Fair – Hosted by the Miami-Dade Family Learning Partnership and The Center for Writing and Literature at Miami-Dade College, this area features discounted children’s books and enrollment in The Read to Learn Book Club, as well as author appearances and book signings by Frank Camuso and George O’ Connor.
● Science Treehouse – Presented by the Patricia and Phillip Frost Museum of Science, this area features displays and fun, hands-on, educational STEM activities for all ages.
● Arts & Crafts Area – Hosted by Abrakadoodle, painting, paper and clay modeling activities offer children a creative way to connect with classic fairytales and nursery rhymes.
● Family Pet Area – Presented by The Humane Society of Greater Miami, counselors answer questions and assist with onsite pet adoptions plus activities and workshops for aspiring and current pet owners.
● Chess Corner – All-day chess tournaments with prizes run by Stormont Kings.
● Indoor Sports Fun Zone – A variety of athletic fun with an assortment of martial arts, tennis and fencing demonstrations.
● Adventures in Scouting – Presented by The Boy Scouts of America South Florida Council, this new interactive area showcases pinewood derby racing, knot-tying demonstrations, a mock campsite and first aid & emergency preparedness tips.
The Children’s Trust is a dedicated source of revenue established by voter referendum to improve the lives of children and families in Miami-Dade County by making strategic investments in their futures.
Saturday, September 12, 2015, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Miami-Dade County Fair & Exposition, Arnold Hall and Fuchs Pavilion. Coral Way entrances at 109th and 112 Avenues in Miami. Parking is FREE.
For more information about The Children’s Trust Family Expo, visit www.thechildrenstrust.org or call 211. Admission, parking, all activities and entertainment are free. Food and beverages will be sold by a variety of vendors.
Sponsors of The Children’s Trust 2015 Family Expo include: Baptist Health South Florida, The Miami Herald, El Nuevo Herald, Miami-Dade County Public Schools, The Parent Academy, and Amerigroup.