Florida Renaissance Festival’s 24th season “Renaissance around the World”
Saturday, 02/13/2016 – 03/27/2016 10:00 am – 07:00 pm
Quiet Waters Park
401 S Powerline Rd,
Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442
Cost: Children 5 and younger are free. Special seasonal passes are available for $75.
Florida Renaissance Festival Enters Its 24th Celebratory Season In Grand Royal Fashion: “Renaissance Around The World”
Part of the 2016 festivities, Florida Renaissance Festival adds a Seventh Weekend due to great demand…
From Swashbuckling Pirates to Vikings, the Far East to “Middle Earth,” Fantasy Rules at the 2016 Florida Renaissance Festival
Hear Ye! Hear Ye! Calling all knaves, knights, wenches and ladies! The honor of your noble company is requested as the Florida Renaissance Festival, now celebrating its 24th year of fantastical journeys back in time, where hundreds of talented performers from around the globe take to the stage and participants donned in their finest regalia fill the bustling streets with laughter and awe! With an unprecedented seven theme-filled weekends, the Florida Renaissance Festival will take place from February 13 to March 27, 2016 at Deerfield Beach’s Quiet Waters Park.
“Being able to take people on an elaborate, visual, interactive journey back in time is what drives us every year as we plan our annual festival,” said Bobby Rodriguez, Founder of the Florida Renaissance Festival. “There is no other place in Florida where you’ll find jousting knights, regal ladies, swashbucklers and Vikings mixing with modern-day hipsters, fantasy lovers, history buffs and families.”
The festival’s theme this year is “Renaissance Around the World.” Renaissance, which means “rebirth,” began with the Italian culture and then spread to other areas to produce a French Renaissance, an English Renaissance, Spanish Renaissance, and so on. Cultures around the world have witnessed the discovery and exploration of new continents, the advancement of science, the growth of commerce, and the invention or application of powerful innovations. This year’s Florida Renaissance Festival celebrates and honors those scholars and thinkers from around the world who led the revival of classical learning and wisdom.
For the 2016 season, the Royal Court announces a variety of fan favorite acts and performances with an invigorating entertainment lineup that includes something for everyone. Jay and Abby Michaels are The Harper and The Minstrel, who combine their alto and baritone voices with the soothing sounds of harp and flute. Trash or Treasure will provide an interactive experience by acting out scrambled stories with the help of children and adults of all ages. The Kelly Irish Dancers will perform a delightful mix of traditional and contemporary styles of Irish dance. In an impressive display of bravery, The Duelists will combine comedy and sword fighting that takes the audience on an emotional journey, from gasps to laughs. Using only whistling and hand gestures to communicate, Moonie The Magnificent leaves audiences in stitches while performing magic and other feats. Join Captain Red Swash Rogers and Mr. Buckle as they sail they seas and land ashore for pirate comedy and sword fighting in Buckle & Swash. The Cobblestone Characters travel around and interact with patrons throughout the day with their many antics.
New to the Florida Renaissance Festival is the eighth generation equestrian dynasty Caroline Williams’ Liberty Horse Act. Witness the magical presentation of Lipizzan Stallions at the same time, as they perform freely and dazzle with their hypnotizing movement.
2016 Theme Weekends:
* Swashbucklers & Sirens Weekend – February 13 – 15: Shiver Me Timbers! This Pirate-themed weekend unearths the mysteries of the sea as sirens lure sailors and pirates alike with their enchanting music and voices leaving those who dare to listen shipwrecked! Prepare yourselves for a “salty” good time! Open President’s Day, February 15th.
* Vikings and Valkyries – February 20 – 21: Enter the mythical world of Valhalla where Valkyries rule over fallen warriors. These powerful war goddesses can stand toe-to-toe with the huge, bearded barbarians in animal fur tunics and horned helmets that we call Vikings. Only the strongest and most courageous warriors will survive this weekend!
* Fantasy and Adventure – February 26- 28: Adventurers from lands near and far bring myriad works of magic, imagination and fantasy to this weekend’s events. Enter a world where dragons fly, wizards cast spells and mystical characters come to life. If you can imagine it, then this is the weekend where it can actually happen!
* Voyage to the Orient – March 5 – 6: On the heels of a successful introduction last year, this Orient-themed weekend is making its second appearance in the Florida Renaissance Festival. This weekend brings us to the Far East to experience the sights and sounds of Shogun, Samurai, and the unbroken Ming dynasty that ruled China for almost 300 years.
* Kilts & Colleens – March 12 – 13: Kilt is what happened to the last person who called it a skirt! Celebrate the luck of the Irish with Scottish and Celtic traditions – bagpipes a’blarin’ – during this uniquely themed weekend.
* Time Travelers’ Weekend – March 19 – 20: Delorians here! This weekend is dedicated to adventurers across the millennia. Bring your brassies Victorian “gears” and join us for “Steampunk Saturday.” On Sunday, the village opens itself up to time traveling pioneers, aliens, Browncoats, Federations and Empires.
* Carnivale Masquerade – March 26 – 27 (Easter weekend): Let Winter wane and bring in the Spring with a fÃªte to rival all others during our final weekend! During our Carnivale Masquerade weekend, unleash your inhibitions behind the anonymity of delicately detailed masks, historic costumes and intriguing disguises! Feel free to act outside the bounds of identity and everyday convention, discover mystery and enchantment, and add an element of mischief that will make this Easter one to remember!
The Florida Renaissance Festival is produced by the nationally acclaimed Bobby Rodriguez Productions and strives to create an entertaining and cultural experience for adults and children alike. The sponsors of the Florida Renaissance Festival include Comcast, Pepsi, Warsteiner, Guinness and Miami Grill.
The Florida Renaissance Festival at Deerfield Beach’s Quiet Waters Park will be open weekends beginning February 13th from 10 a.m. to sunset until March 27th. Open President’s Day, February 15th. Prices range from $21.00 for adults and $9 for children ages 6 to 11 years of age. Children 5 and younger are free. Special seasonal passes are available for $75 and group ticket rates are also offered. Discount tickets also available at Walgreens.
While costumes are not necessary for admittance, thousands of people each year enhance their experience by donning garb from the Renaissance era, or participate in one of the festival’s special themed weekends by dressing up as their favorite pirate, time traveler, fairy, or fantasy character!
More than two million people have seen the Florida Renaissance Festival in Deerfield Beach during its royal period in South Florida. This 16th Century production features more than 100 costumed performers, 12 stages with continuous entertainment and 20 stage acts from around the world.
For tickets and more information visit: ren-fest.com; Find us on Facebook: Florida Renaissance Festival; Follow us on Twitter: FlaRenFest and Instagram/flarenfest. Download our festival mobile app by searching Florida Renaissance Festival in the Apple iTunes store or Android market. If you prefer the historical method: 1-800-3-REN-FES.Thank you for using Soul Of Miami!