Elevate. A day of workshops & activities for being Nicer.
Sunday, 02/22/2015 – 09:00 am – 05:00 pm
Miami Beach Botanical Garden
831 Ninth Street,
Miami BEach, Florida 33139
Cost: $30 in advance.
A day of Lifting your mind, body, spirit and social well-being.
Being A Better Person – through what we eat, how we take care of ourselves, how we treat ourselves and how we treat others. Many of us find some, most or all of these topics difficult to follow in our daily lives. Add the pressures of family, peers, ageing, economy and surroundings, and it often becomes overwhelming.
Join Unity Coalition|Coalicion Unida, the first and only organization for the Latino|Hispanic|LGBTQ Community since 2002, for a Day Of Being Nicer.
Attendees may choose from a variety of 1 and 2 hour workshops and activities throughout the day, including:
Guest Speaker: John J. McNeill | Father John McNeill was expelled from the Jesuit order for being openly gay, was a prisoner of war during WWII, co-founder of SAGE and with partner for 49 years. Sharing excerpts of Taking a Chance on God (a documentary about his life).
Welcome breakfast and healthy lunch, courtesy of Whole Foods
– Yoga and Meditation in the Garden with Joseph Armstrong
– Health and Wellness Fair | Agencies, organizations and vendors will have tables in main room to promote their services.
– Nutrition and You, sponsored by Care Resource, with nutritionist Rogoberto Ng
– Choose Your Life Choices – Quantumly with and Gus Briand
– Tools For Being Happier and Less Toxic with life coach Thea Sommer
– Painting in the Garden with David Sexton
– Personal Growth Through Poetry with Caridad Moro
– Socializing and Dating 101 with David Kessler, LCSW
– Trans Understanding and Support with Aryah Lester and Arianna Lint
– Annie Appleseed Project | Healthy ways to reduce Cancer risk, reduce recurrences, toxicities of conventional therapies and to introduce alternative treatments
– Spirituality, Faith and being LGBT with Harold Sloan-Marrero (Miami Beach Community Church), Rabbi Tom Heyn (Temple Israel) Lazarus Miles (olorisha) ordained Lukumi priest, and other faith leaders discuss what different faiths say, and don’t say, about homosexuality.
– Reiki and Kigong with Tony Salvetti
– Urban Habitat | Learning and caring for native plants with Howard Tonkin
– Creating Cocktails from the Garden with Hiro
– Elevate Tea Dance with DJ Miik – 8oâ€™s music – easy listening, socializing)