Miami Writers Institute
Wednesday, 05/08/2013, 08:00 am –
Miami Dade College-Wolfson
6300 NW 7th Ave,
Miami, Florida 33150
Four days of intensive workshops on fiction, nonfiction, poetry, publishing, and more! All of them taught by respected visiting authors and agents in the heart of downtown Miami at the Wolfson Campus of Miami Dade College.
Quality workshops? Of course, but the Writers Institute is so much more:
• Publishing Seminars – How to Have the Ideal Publishing Experience by Being the Ideal Author with David Hale Smith; Q&A Editorial: El mercado editorial y tú con Teresa Mlawer (IN SPANISH)
• Manuscript Consultations – Get feedback on your manuscript in one-on-one sessions with the Kim Perel or David Hale Smith. Space is limited. For the first time, the Writers Institute is offering manuscript consultations for writers working in Spanish. For more information about consultations with Teresa Mlawer, click here.
• Lunchtime Reads – Each day, gather for lunch and hear Writers Institute faculty read from their work.
• Pitch-o-Rama 2013! – On Saturday, May 5, practice the art of the one-minute pitch before a panel of industry pros. Get feedback on your book idea and free advice.
• Three-Day Workshops:
Building the Novel with Mat Johnson
Emily and Walt, Etc. with Campbell McGrath
• Four-Day Workshops:
Writing Fiction and Nonfiction: The Truth About Structure with Jacquelyn Mitchard
Writing Memoir with Rosecrans Baldwin
• Two-Day Publishing Seminars:
How to Have the Ideal Publishing Experience by Being the Ideal Author with David Hale Smith
Q&A Editorial: El mercado editorial y tú con Teresa Mlawer (IN SPANISH)
For more information visit our website at:
http://www.flcenterlitarts.com/site/programs/writing/writers-institute.htmlIf you love Soul Of Miami, please consider leaving a testimonial.
Click here to sign up for the Soul Of Miami email list.