Thursday, Sept. 1, 4 p.m.
Miami Beach City Hall
1700 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
City Managerâ€™s Large Conference Room
The meeting is open to the public.
Miami Beach Commissioners to debate ideas from last weekâ€™s town hall meeting, hosted by Commissioner Libbin, on the fate of Memorial Day Weekend
Miami Beach City Commissioners will discuss ways to handle large-scale events such as Urban Beach Weekend. The commissionersâ€™ meeting will include discussion and debate on ideas presented at last Wednesdayâ€™s town hall meeting on the subject hosted and organized by Commissioner Jerry Libbin.
– Have â€œzero toleranceâ€ for visitors who violate the cityâ€™s open container and littering laws.
– Hold promoters and club owners more accountable for problems caused by their customers.
– Enforce hotel room occupancy restrictions.
– Restrict east-bound traffic on I-395 (McArthur Causeway) into the city, to residents, taxi cabs and employees going to work.
– Close and restrict traffic on more South Beach streets.
– Hold more events aimed at honoring our nationâ€™s veterans during Memorial Day Weekend.
– Encourage private-sector promoters to hold family-oriented events and concerts over the 3-day Memorial Day Weekend.