Thursday, Sept. 1, 4 p.m.
Miami Beach City Hall
1700 Convention Center Drive
Miami Beach, FL 33139
City Manager’s Large Conference Room
The meeting is open to the public.
Miami Beach Commissioners to debate ideas from last week’s town hall meeting, hosted by Commissioner Libbin, on the fate of Memorial Day Weekend
Miami Beach City Commissioners will discuss ways to handle large-scale events such as Urban Beach Weekend. The commissioners’ meeting will include discussion and debate on ideas presented at last Wednesday’s town hall meeting on the subject hosted and organized by Commissioner Jerry Libbin.
– Have “zero tolerance” for visitors who violate the city’s open container and littering laws.
– Hold promoters and club owners more accountable for problems caused by their customers.
– Enforce hotel room occupancy restrictions.
– Restrict east-bound traffic on I-395 (McArthur Causeway) into the city, to residents, taxi cabs and employees going to work.
– Close and restrict traffic on more South Beach streets.
– Hold more events aimed at honoring our nation’s veterans during Memorial Day Weekend.
– Encourage private-sector promoters to hold family-oriented events and concerts over the 3-day Memorial Day Weekend.
Click here to sign up for the Soul Of Miami email list.