What is Miami Wynwood Art Ride
02/12/2011, 2:30pm until 6pm
Allapattah Metrorail Station
3501 N.W. 12th Avenue
Miami, FL, 33127
Come out and enjoy the first ever What is Miami Wynwood Art Ride. Bring your bicycle out and enjoy a one of a kind bike tour of the emerging Wynwood District, its graffiti, galleries, artists, and curators – all for FREE. What is Miami? Miami is Wynwood.
This will be a leisurely ride and we will have the assistance of the South Florida Bike Coalition. We hope to see both expert and amateur there to enjoy a unique side of Miami. This is the perfect tour for any amateur or first time rider.
Let us know you’re coming by checking out the event page on Facebook.
The Wynwood Art Ride is taking place on February 12, 2011 between 2:30pm and 6pm. Meeting at the Allapattah Metrorail Station. Please try to come 30 minutes early. The ride will start and end at the station. Parking is available at the station.
What Miami, the South Florida Bike Coalition, the Wynwood District Association, Social Buzz TV, Life is Art, and a handful of cool art galleries and shops have put together an amazing afternoon of local artistic discovery on bicycle. Come out before the monthly Wynwood Art Walk and explore Wynwood like never before while riding around during the day.
Enjoy some of the following activities during the Wynwood Art Ride:
– Enjoy a Graffiti tour of Wynwood. Check out the amazing graffiti that has transformed the neighborhood into a world class street art destination.
– Get a first hand look at the famous Wynwood Walls while enjoying specially discounted beverages at the Wynwood Kitchen and Bar.
– Explore the galleries, graffiti, and artists of 24th Street and get a custom made Wynwood T-shirt made in front of your eyes by the Wynwood T-Shop. A variety of galleries are opening just for Wynwood Art Ride participants.
– Speak one on one with gallery curators and owners.
– Enjoy a special “sneak peak” reception at the new Miguel Paredes Arts Studio. See the new (relocated) local artist studio / gallery before everyone else – including those going to the grand opening party later that same night. Take that high society!
– All that biking got you hungry? We will be ending down the street from the weekly Wynwood Food Truckers Meetup. Chow down on dozens of food delights from a variety of popular food trucks after the ride.
– Got more energy? Have your own “after-party” and let loose to enjoy the Wynwood Art Walk that evening. Enjoy the rest of Wynwood on your own on the best night of the month.
This event is a BYOB event (Bring Your Own Bike). You must bring a bicycle to participate in the Wynwood Art Ride. Remember to bring a bicycle lock as well and to check your bicycle thoroughly before coming. This event will be a great event for an amateur biker. We will be taking frequent (and long) stops at various locations.
We will be taking a leisurely pace and have the assistance of the South Florida Bike Coalition. We hope to see both expert and amateur there to enjoy a unique side of Miami.
Participating venues include the Harold Golen Gallery, the Miguel Paredes Studio, The T-Shop Miami, The Dorsch Gallery, Bernice Steinbaum Gallery, The Adjust Gallery, the Wynwood Walls, and the Wynwood Kitchen and Bar.
This event is taking place with the support and assistance of the South Florida Bike Coalition, the Wynwood District Association, Social Buzz TV, and Life is Art.
Stay tuned to What Miami for more updates and information as the event nears. If you need a bike rental for the event, contact Scoot, Skate, and Bike Co near downtown Miami (305.358.7004). Tell them you are with the Wynwood Art Ride and get 25% off your rental – reserve your bike now! You can also email email@example.com for more information or with any questions.
The What is Miami campaign explores the varying sides of the city to discover what Miami is. Keep checking back with What Miami for more What is Miami events.
Stay tuned to What Miami for more info as the event nears. More info at: http://www.whatmiami.com/things-to-do/what-miami-wynwood-art-rideThank you for using Soul Of Miami!