Miami Art Museum Presents
MAM Morning Lectures: Art in Miami
Art in Miami is the topic of Miami Art Museumâ€™s annual MAM Morning Lectures, a seven-lecture subscription series in which local critics, historians and curators present a panorama of the arts in Miami from 1896 to the contemporary scene. Subscribers meet monthly over coffee and muffins beginning Wednesday, October 28, 2009. A tour of current exhibitions led by MAM docents follows the lecture. For more information or to purchase a subscription or individual tickets, contact MAMâ€™s education office at 305.375.4073 or via email at Education@miamiartmuseum.org.
Art in Miami schedule:
– Wednesday, October 28 â€“ â€œIn the Beginning, Mostly the Sunâ€ â€“ Helen L. Kohen, art historian and critic
– Tuesday, November 10 – â€œArchitecture and Design: Pioneering towards Deco, MiMo and Beyondâ€ â€“ Beth Dunlop, architecture critic
– Wednesday, January 13 â€“ â€œThe Biological Analog: Museums Grow, Divide, and Disappearâ€ â€“ Helen L. Kohen, art historian and critic
– Wednesday, February 17 â€“ â€œFree and On & Off the Streetâ€ â€“ Brandi Reddick, Department of Cultural Affairs, speaks about the Art in Public Places program
– Wednesday March 10 â€“ â€œRecognizing the Miami Demographic: Before and Beyond Marielâ€ â€“ Margarita Cano, Artist and Joanne Hyppolite, chief curator, Historical Museum of Southern Florida
– Wednesday, April 14â€“ â€œThe Transition: Pre-Basel Miamiâ€ â€“ Peter Boswell, assistant director for programs/ senior curator, MAM
– Wednesday, May 12â€“ â€œAssessing Miami Art 2010â€ â€“ RenÃ© Morales, associate curator, MAM
When: Coffee and muffins at 10am; Lecture at 10:30am; Docent-led tour immediately following
Where: Miami Art Museum
101 W Flagler Street
Miami, FL 33130
Cost: Single tickets: $5 for members, $10 non-membersThank you for using Soul Of Miami!