The 33rd Annual Art Deco Weekend
January 15â€“17, 2010
Miami Beach, Florida
Ocean Drive, between 5th and 15th Streets
Art Deco Weekend will feature more than 85 events, including:
* Guided tours
* Film series
* Antiques, art and collectibles vendors
* Variety of food vendors
* Musical attractions
* Theatrical performances
* Dance performances
* Classic automobiles
* Saturday morning parade
* Dog promenade and other events
The Art Deco Weekend Festival, artists, antique dealers, food and beverage, and merchandise vendor booths will be open:
* Friday 15 January 12:00 noonâ€“11:00 pm
* Saturday 16 January: 10:00 amâ€“11:00 pm
* Sunday 17 January: 10:00 amâ€“6:00 pm
ON THE ROAD: ART DECO CELEBRATES THE MOTORCAR
One of the hallmarks of the 1930s was its passionate love affair with new technology, particularly the technology of transportation.On the sea, ocean liners like the Normandie promoted the elegance of fast transatlantic crossings, while on the rails, streamlined trains like the 20th Century Limited provided passengers with unrivaled luxury and speed. But it is on Americaâ€™s roadways that a new passion became ubiquitous: the motorcar. Art Deco Weekend 2010 celebrates the technology, design, and American spirit embodied in the open road, as Americans got behind the wheel in record numbers, and manufacturers developed more and more streamlined models for mass consumption. Art Deco Weekend 2010 also celebrates the 75th anniversary of the Antique Automobile Club of America.
The weekend begins with a keynote lecture on Thursday, January 14th and culminates in a street festival January 15â€“17, 2010. Guests may attend musical, theatrical and dance performances, as well as participate in a number of guided tours, attend lectures and film screenings, and browse Ocean Drive lined with vendors of antiques and collectibles from the Art Deco and mid-twentieth century eras. There will be paintings, sculpture, jewelry and photography, along with a variety of food vendors to suit every taste.
PARKING: Ocean Drive (from 5th to 15th Streets) is closed for the street festival. Visitors should park in the City parking facilities at:
* 7th Street Garage: Between Washington & Collins on 7th Street.
* 12th Street Garage: Just West of Washington Avenue on 12th Street.
* 13th Street Garage: Just East of Collins Avenue on 13th Street.
* 17th Street Garage at Convention Center Drive.
* Municipal Parking Lots: South Pointe Park; Washington Avenue and 9th Street; Washington Avenue and 10th Street; Collins Avenue and 13th Street; Pennsylvania Avenue and 17th Street; and Convention Center Drive and 18th Street.